Use Cases For Surveys
Surveys have become indispensable for businesses these days.
There are umpteen use cases that one can think of for surveys. Survey results produce insights that are very helpful in making business decisions.
Survey use cases and possibilities are almost endless. However, in this blog, I will discuss a few of the widely known use cases.
I have listed 5 use cases below.
- Employee Satisfaction
- Customer Experience
- Marketing & Sales
- Market Research
- Event Planning
I will attempt to explain each of these use cases in detail.
Grab a cup of coffee. Let’s start.
1. Employee Satisfaction
Employees play an important role in the success of any business or company. It is essential to keep the employees happy.
The employee should like the company culture. He should feel recognized for his achievements. The employee should be sure of good career growth in the company. And there are many other factors that determine the satisfaction of employees in any organization.
When there are many employees in a company, it is impossible to talk to everyone and receive feedback about their satisfaction level.
And that’s the reason Employee Satisfaction Surveys are conducted in companies. They are used to identify areas of improvement in a company.
Below are a few questions asked in an Employee Satisfaction Survey.
- How often do you feel stressed in your job?
- How relevant is your work to your professional goals?
- How satisfied are you with your salary?
- How satisfied are you with your employee benefits?
- How likely are you to recommend this company to someone?
You can find Employee Satisfaction Surveys as part of BlockSurvey templates.
The templates are customizable to your requirements.
Anonymity plays an important role in employee satisfaction surveys. Read more on BlockSurvey’s Anonymity Badge.
Let’s move on to discuss customer experience.
2. Customer Experience
The success of any business depends on the customer. Listening to the voice of the customer is essential to increase customer satisfaction and reduce customer churn.
The businesses ensure that they receive immediate feedback from customers soon after making a purchase or using a service. The customer feedback surveys are sent as soon as possible after the purchase is made. This ensures a higher completion rate for the feedback surveys.
Therefore, the timeline for sending customer feedback surveys is crucial to ensure higher completion rates.
Let’s say you own a website, and you get visitors to your website every day. You want to increase visitors and also increase the quality and usability of your website. How will you ensure to do this? The answer is a website feedback survey or website usability survey.
Below are a few questions asked in the Website usability survey.
- How easy is it to find information on this website?
- How easy is it to navigate the website?
- Is the website aesthetically pleasing?
- Does the website have a clear purpose?
- Would you recommend the website to others?
You can refer to the Website usability template provided by BlockSurvey.
How about Marketing & Sales now? Read on.
3. Marketing & Sales
Marketing is an essential function that fuels the growth of any product/service. Marketing campaigns are launched from time to time to increase sales in a company. The effectiveness of a marketing campaign should be measured to ensure the success of the next marketing campaign. This can be measured using a post-campaign survey.
Below are a few questions that can be asked in a Post Marketing campaign survey.
- How did you learn first about our marketing campaign?
- Did our marketing campaign prompt you to take any action?
- Has the campaign changed your perception of our brand?
- On which platform did you find our campaign?
- What did you like most about our marketing campaign?
Leads are potential customers who have shown interest in your product/service. Having a steady flow of leads is essential for the growth of the company. Without new leads, sales can stagnate, which results in a decline in revenue.
Interacting with leads gives you insights into market trends and customer preferences.
A robust lead generation strategy is required. Conducting a sales lead generation survey is one such strategy. It is a tool used by businesses to identify leads.
Below are a few questions asked in a Sales lead generation survey.
- Which of our products or services are you interested in?
- Are you considering purchasing a product/service like ours in the near future?
- Who is involved in the decision-making process of buying?
- What is your budget for our type of product/service?
- How did you hear about our product/service?
Let’s move on to market research.
Market Research, now.
4. Market Research
The market can be researched for many purposes, like brand awareness, pricing decisions, product creation, and more. For example, product-market fit refers to how well the product fits in a particular market.
As already discussed, market research is done to find the position of your brand in the market. How well is your brand received in the market? The brand can be perceived as good, bad, or neutral in the market. Such insights into brand awareness are received through Brand awareness surveys.
Below are a few questions asked in a Brand Awareness Survey.
- How familiar are you with our brand?
- Where have you seen advertisements for our brand?
- How would you rate the quality of our brand?
- What is the first company that comes to your mind when you think of our product?
- What attributes do you associate with our brand?
You can find the Brand Awareness Survey template from our template gallery.
Pricing a product correctly is very crucial in the success of a product.
When you price it higher, people may find it expensive and may not buy the product.
When you price it low, you may not be able to cover your expenses and receive profits. Low pricing also sometimes leads to a perception of poor quality.
It is important to strike the right balance in pricing to achieve a good level of revenue generation.
What better way to determine the pricing than by researching the market? And there is a pricing survey to help.
Below are a few questions that are asked in a Pricing survey.
- At what price do you consider the product expensive?
- At what price do you think it is a great buy?
- At what price do you think pricing is too low?
- Do you perceive low pricing as of poor quality?
- At what price do you give some thought to buying it?
These questions help us to understand consumers’ purchase power and how much they are willing to pay.
You can find the Pricing Survey from the template gallery and customize it to your requirements.
Let’s move on to event planning.
5. Event Planning
Right from the purpose of the event, length of the event, budget allocation, choice of venue, and topics of discussion, each and every factor requires much planning to ensure event success.
The more information you get upfront, the more the chances of event success.
Whatever event you have in mind, it is important to run an event planning survey.
Here are a few questions that can be asked in an Event Planning Survey.
- What are your main reasons for attending the event?
- What topics are you most interested in at this event?
- Would you require parking accommodation?
- Which speakers are you interested in hearing more from?
- What is your budget for attending this event?
These questions are used to gather preferences and expectations for the event.
Time to test your knowledge on survey use cases.
Test your knowledge of Survey Use Cases
Use Cases For Surveys FAQ
What are use cases for surveys?
Surveys can be used for market research, customer feedback, employee satisfaction, academic research, product development and more.
How can surveys help with market research?
Surveys can collect data on consumer preferences, buying habits, and demographic information to inform market strategies and target specific customer segments.
What role do surveys play in gathering customer feedback?
Surveys allow businesses to gather feedback on customer satisfaction, identify areas for improvement, and gauge loyalty to improve overall customer experience.
How can surveys be used for employee satisfaction?
Surveys can measure employee engagement, job satisfaction, and identify areas for improvement in the workplace, leading to higher productivity and happier employees.
How are surveys useful for academic research?
Surveys provide a means to collect data from a large sample size efficiently, enabling researchers to analyze trends, gather opinions, and draw conclusions in various academic disciplines.
- Free plan, no time limit
- Set up in minutes
- No credit card required