- Free plan, no time limit
- Set up in minutes
- No credit card required
How to Collect Verified Crypto Wallet Addresses for Whitelists, Allowlists, Waitlists, and Airdrops
In today's digital landscape, identity verification is essential to ensure secure and trustworthy online transactions and interactions. With the rise of decentralized technologies like blockchain, Web 3.0 wallets power decentralized identities. But, there is no way to collect verified identities, thus a lack of trust in the data that is being collected. Here is how it looks today: most of the time, Web 3.0 companies use Web 2.0 forms & surveys to collect data. e.g., if you are creating a whitelist, Web 3.0 users are asked to copy and paste their wallet addresses into forms like Typeform and Google Forms. This process is error-prone, cumbersome, and doesn't validate the identity. This is a big problem for Web 3.0 companies.
In this guide, we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to use BlockSurvey to collect verified Web 3 identities for whitelist, waitlist, and airdrop registration, to name a few. Read further.
A Step-By-Step Guide to Using BlockSurvey for Web 3.0 Wallet Addresses
Step 1: Add a Web 3 Identity Verification component
If you're an existing member, navigate to Design Builder and click on the 'Add Question by Type' button. In the list of categories, find the 'Web 3.0 Identity Verification' component. Here, you'll see all the blockchain networks supported for verifying user identities.
Step 2: Select a Blockchain Network
BlockSurvey currently supports major blockchain networks such as Stacks, Bitcoin, Solana, Ethereum, Polygon, etc. For a seamless identity verification experience across networks, several wallets, such as Brave Wallet, Leather Wallet, Xverse Wallet, MetaMask, Phantom Wallet, Wallet Connect, and Coinbase Wallet, have been integrated. Choose the desired network where you want to collect wallet addresses, and BlockSurvey takes care of the rest. Based on the network, a wallet choice will be presented to your audience, including support for desktop and mobile. Sample screenshot for collecting Bitcoin and Stacks wallet address on Stacks network.
Step 3: Wallet address collection - User Verification Process
Once the BlockSurvey is created, hit Publish and share the URL with your audience. This is how the wallet address collection looks. See screenshot. When the user clicks on the 'Connect and Verify' button, this action will launch the corresponding wallet application to initiate the user's identity verification.
Step 4: Wallet address collection - Account Selection and Message Signing
Users can opt for the account they wish to connect to and proceed to sign a message for identity verification. The system will then retrieve basic public information, such as the wallet address, network provider, decentralized namespaces, and wallet provider utilized for verification.
Step 5: Wallet address collection - Verification Confirmation and Submission
Once the user's identity has been successfully verified, a confirmation message is displayed, as shown below. Note: If the identity verification question is set as required or mandatory, users must complete the verification process prior to submitting the BlockSurvey.
Step 6: View and Analyze the Collected Data
Now that the wallet address has been collected, you can view the data and visualize the data from the BlockSurvey Analytics page. Sample screenshot showing Bitcoin Taproot, Bitcoin Segwit, and Stacks wallet addresses collected from the Stacks Network.
Now that we have seen how you can use BlockSurvey for wallet address collection let's see what are some use-cases you can use it for.
What are some Use Cases of Web 3 / Crypto Wallet Address Collection
- NFT Whitelisting: While preparing for your presale, you need a validated list of addresses from your audience. As you build a whitelist through collab, partnerships, and outreach, use BlockSurvey to collect verified wallet addresses. Ensure that only genuine users with verified identities can participate in minting or purchasing NFTs. This prevents fraudulent activities, ensures fairness, and streamlines the onboarding process by reducing the need for manual verification. Try our NFT Whitelist Form for collecting Wallet Addresses. What's more, you can also token gate your whitelist? Read more here.
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Platforms: DeFi platforms can also build verified lists for airdrops, presale, and sale of tokens. By integrating BlockSurvey into their end-to-end data collection process, DeFi platforms can collect and track active Web 3 participants from their ecosystem, further opening up opportunities to identify and incentivize active users.
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and Token Sales: Similar to NFT whitelisting, identity verification can be employed during ICOs and token sales using Web3 wallets in forms and surveys. This ensures that only verified participants can contribute to the project, reducing the risk of fraud and regulatory issues while streamlining the participation process. We have built a Token KYC form for you to integrate and verify customers' identity information seamlessly.
- Airdrops: Web 3.0 wallets can be used to verify the identity of users participating in airdrops through forms and surveys. This ensures that only genuine users receive the airdropped tokens or assets, preventing potential fraud and abuse. By integrating BlockSurvey into the airdrop registration process, project teams can also better target their audience and gather more accurate user data. Here is a sample NFT Airdrop form.
- Secure Voting and Governance: BlockSurvey supports collecting data through forms & surveys for Web 3.0 companies. Similarly, to facilitate secure and transparent on-chain voting, we have an open-source tool called Ballot. Users can cast their votes using their unique wallet address, ensuring that votes are tamper-proof and accurately represent the community's preferences. Feel free to give it a try. It is free.
- Allow List Management: By integrating BlockSurvey into forms and surveys, Web 3 businesses can effectively manage to allow lists for various events or campaigns. This ensures that only verified and authenticated users can access specific content, participate in events, or benefit from exclusive promotions.
Benefits of Verified Wallet Addresses for Web 3 Companies:
- Reduced Fraud: Identity verification using Web 3.0 wallets helps combat fraud by ensuring that users are who they claim to be. This protects both businesses and users from scams, phishing attacks, and other malicious activities that happen from time to time in the crypto space.
- Simplified User Onboarding: Collecting Web 3.0 addresses in a crypto-native way to create a seamless user onboarding and experience for Web 3 natives. This offers reduced drop-off rates, and abandonment thus leading to higher engagement.
Using BlockSurvey in your Web 3.0 data collection through forms & surveys, create a Web 3.0-focused experience, with enhanced security, privacy, and user experience. BlockSurvey is quickly becoming an essential component of data collection for Web 3 companies. Companies and projects working on NFTs, DeFi, and DAOs, have already started seeing the advantages of verified Web 3.0 wallet address collection. If you haven't given it a try, give it a shot today. It's free to get started.
How to Collect Verified Crypto Wallet Addresses for Whitelists, Allowlists, Waitlists, and Airdrops FAQ
What are verified crypto wallet addresses?
Verified crypto wallet addresses are unique identifiers that have been authenticated and validated, ensuring that they belong to the individual or entity claiming ownership.
How are crypto wallet addresses used for a whitelist?
For a whitelist, validated wallet addresses are collected and only those on the whitelist are allowed to participate in specific events or transactions, enhancing security.
How does using verified wallet addresses enhance security?
Using verified wallet addresses ensures that transactions are made with the correct individuals, reducing the risk of fraud or theft.
- Free plan, no time limit
- Set up in minutes
- No credit card required