Making Repeating Questions In Surveys Easy With BlockSurvey
If you’ve been looking for a repeat question or loop question or smart loops in a survey, you’ve probably come to the right place. Let’s dive deeper to get a full understanding of how and where to use them effectively.
The Other Names of Repeat Questions
Repeat questions are also referred to or called Loop Question or Smart Loops in surveys.
What is a Repeat Question in Surveys?
Repeat question enables you to dynamically iterate through a set of questions based on responses to a multiple-choice question. With looping enabled, you can ask the same question or set of questions multiple times without creating them manually.
Why you should use the Repeating Question?
Repeating or Looping helps you to iterate through a set of questions based on responses from a multiple-choice question. You can use a loop question when you want additional information about the responses from a multiple-choice question. By using repeating questions you move your respondent away from boring and lengthy surveys.
Becoming familiar with creating repeating questions will give your survey better response rates and faster completion time. By using loop questions you move your respondent away from boring and lengthy surveys. You also add a fun element to your respondents’ user experience. Smart loops are highly helpful in areas like Customer experience, Brand experience, Employee experience, Product experience, and design experience.Also Read: Question and Answer Piping.
How to create a Repeat Question using BlockSurvey?
Let’s take the following use-case as an example. The question asks for list of email services being used by a customer. Based on the selected email services, you’ll ask them to enter the corresponding email id. Let’s get started.
- From BlockSurvey, ‘Create new survey’ and go to ‘Design’ in the builder.
- Create your first question. Let us assume we have a question like below
- Create your second question like below to get email id. The @ character(recall function) comes in handy while creating repeating questions. The recall basically gets the answer from the first question.
- With recall set on the second question, it allows us set the repeating questions. Take a look at option named ‘Repeat question’ under the options tab.
- Select the source question as ‘Question 1’ i.e, is the from source question. In this example here ‘Select all email services you use?’ is the source question.
- In the source question choices, go for ‘Selected choices’ for now. (Other options are All the choices and Unselected choices). That’s it. You are good to go.
Now let’s put the repeating questions to test. Go to preview to get started.
Assuming we have selected Gmail and Zoho options for the source question and click OK.
On preview, you will see repeating questions like below
For Gmail selection.
For Zoho selection
Creating your first repeating question may seem a little daunting task. But by mastering to create a loop question, you are definitely one step closer to giving your respondent a better user experience. Here is a quick demo of another repeat example in realtime for you to play with it: https://blocksurvey.io/templates/blocksurvey-features/loop-questions
What are the advantages of Repeat question, Loop question, Smart loops in surveys?
Businesses can use repeating questions to receive feedback on the product, support, and delivery, without creating multiple surveys to get feedback. There are multiple advantages of using repeating questions or looping logic in surveys. It reduces response time and helps in thoughtful and dynamic survey. This is why it is also called as smart loops. It helps you to quickly replicate through a set of questions based on the response from a source question.Also Read: Skip Logic Survey.
At Blocksurvey, we want to make you get full advantage of repeating questions, loop questions, or smart loops. Team BlockSurvey has made this easy for you. It’s time to try out some repeating questions and put them to use for your audience.