How to Conduct a Good Employee Exit Survey
You have invested your time and money in your employees over years and one fine day they decide to leave you. You’d like to know why they are leaving you. How do you get this information? The most common method to collect this is using a employee exit survey. But many times, employees don't feel comfortable at all to share this information. Simply because they don't want to burn the bridges with you. In this blog post, lets find out how you can run an exit survey, how you can use them, and why Blocksurvey is the best tool to get authentic responses from employee exit survey
What is an employee exit survey?
An exit survey is a survey you ask your employees at the time of leaving your company or organization. This is primarily done to understand the reason or motivation for leaving. Using the data you can work towards creating a better experience for employees, build a better culture so that you can reduce attrition.
Why should one conduct an exit survey?
Exit surveys are very crucial because they tend to offer a much deeper look at the management solutions, day-to-day processes, and just the overall morale and atmosphere of your workplace. Sometimes, people consider exit surveys to be a bit negative, but you're missing out on the value they can bring to your company!
e.g., Whenever you have a large workforce, you will inevitably have a certain percentage of people who are dissatisfied with your company and they may be exiting. Some people don’t like the office, some people don’t like the management, some people don’t like the food, and some don’t like the peers. If you have many unhappy people, it’s probably because you have something going on and you have to find it out. Exit surveys are one of ways to find the truth.
Sample employee exit survey questions
Employee exit survey questions are predetermined or arranged in an advance set of questionnaires that are generally used during the exit process of an employee who’s leaving the company. It’s either a set of verbal questions or often a survey.
Another advantage of doing that is employees can answer these even after they have left the organization. Now, here are some main exit survey questions one might choose to ask.
- What is the reason behind quitting this job or role? This employee exit interview survey question is fundamental in catching the basic detail of why an active representative (except if fired), chose to leave their present position. It is fundamental for an association to know the explanation, to comprehend if there is an example. This testing could prompt more and clear data about how the association can deal with improve representative maintenance.
- How did your team member treat you, did you get along with them? Teamwork is a significant quality for any association to dominate. Response to this inquiry can prompt a definitive comprehension of the condition of cooperation culture in the association and if measures should be taken for development.
- What did you most enjoy about your position? This is a decidedly significant question, by responses gathered through this inquiry association can come to understand what they are doing acceptable and what are the territories they need to develop.
- What do you dislike the most about your work? Associations and other organizations should understand what the representatives didn't care for about their work profile or their work when all is said in done. This information can measure up to the gathered information to draw inductions in regards to work culture.
- Do you have any worries and concerns about the association at large that you might want to share? Being available to useful input and constructive critism is one method of developing oneself. Same goes for an association, they need to realize what isn't going in their manner, so they can break down and improve.
- Will you recommend our organization to your friends and family for potential work or employment openings? Last but not least, this is the critical point in time for any association! Resonses to this inquiry can be either sure or negative. The two responses are similarly significant for an association to know its qualities and shortcomings.
These are the 6 crucial questions one might ask for their exit survey, it will give you a clear idea about your company’s strengths and weakness both! And it will naturally help you for the betterment of your company and it’s future!
BlockSurvey: Employee Exit Survey Tool
Blocksurvey is a simple employee exit survey tool that makes it easier to record exit interview responses. It's a quick, easy, and less stressful way of collecting feedback from your staff. Our employee assessment platform will ensure that you always have a pulse on how your company measures up.
Creating an employee exit survey is just a few minutes. You can use your templates to pick and choose the exit survey. Sample below.